As The Eddies wound down in 1982 some of Bruce’s friends from the past decided that they wanted to build a commercial recording studio. Bruce Jones, Dave Wheeler and Marty Thomsett enlisted Bruce to be the head technical person/recording engineer. During his years with Medusa Bruce had freelanced as a live mixer and recording engineer and had recorded and mixed sessions in most of the major Seattle studios. They leased a 1920’s era church in Ballard and converted it to a studio and artistic space with apartments for the Bruce’s and some other musicians. Bruce left after a couple of years to go back on the road and Gordon Raphael, Bruce’s old bandmate from Medusa, took over the studio.